“Personal Information” is information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, birth date and gender.
What type of Personal Information does Ryvis collect and how is it used?
In most cases, we will collect personal information directly from you when you interact with us about a product or service that we offer or provide; and to help us process your inquiries. Occasionally, we may collect personal information from a third party based on your consent or as otherwise permitted by law. Here are examples of the types of information that we gather:
- Communications with us: When you contact us through email, submitting a customer review, or by telephone, we may collect the information that you provide to us in the course of the communication to help respond to you or for purposes related to your communication.
- Patient Support: We may collect information submitted by you to provide patient support, create a record of complaints and adverse event reports relating to our products and reporting these to the relevant regulators, related companies, or other third parties
- Job Applications: When you apply for a job through the Website, we may use the information you provide us with to evaluate you for a position to which you have applied, or other positions that may become available in the future;
- Business Opportunities: We may use the information you provide to us to communicate with you regarding other consulting or business opportunities;
- Marketing Communications: If you voluntarily opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, we will keep you up to date on our products and services. You may withdraw your consent to receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication.
- Statistics: We may also collect statistics about use of the Website. This information will be kept confidential. However, we may use your personal information to create aggregated, de-identified information for analytical or reporting purposes. Such aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and may be made available to other members or third parties.
- Legal Purposes: We may use your personal information to handle or conduct litigation and/or investigations, and comply with government (regulatory, judicial, legislative) requests or orders;
- And for any other purpose to which you consent.
In what circumstances do we disclose and transfer Personal Information?
We may share Personal Information with our service providers (e.g. website hosting providers, eCommerce software providers, payment processors, email service providers, freight carriers, third party marketing platforms, advertising networks, and IT providers to help us improve the Website) as reasonably needed for them to provide the relevant services to us. Our servers and service providers may be located in Canada and outside of Canada and accordingly your Personal Information may be available to government or other agencies pursuant to the laws of the relevant jurisdictions.
Important Exceptions: We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of the Website, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose Personal Information with your consent, or when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required or permitted by applicable law.
Security: The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We have implemented measures to protect the Personal Information that we collect, including measures to limit access to information only to staff who need access to perform their employment duties.
Retention: We will keep your Personal Information for as long as it remains necessary for the identified purpose or as permitted or required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of our relationship with you. We may retain certain data as necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally-identifiable data, or if permitted or required by law.
Access and Accuracy: You have the right to request access to the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information in accordance with applicable law, subject to information which we are permitted or required to withhold.
We take steps to try to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date. You have a responsibility to ensure that your information is kept up to date, including using the features of the Website and the App to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate.
Contact Us: You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to request access to your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org